Find
Notify
Tools

first african trophy is home
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted
a little over a year and my wildebeest euro is back from the taxidermist. i'm working on building the impala pedestal to take to them, and my impala should be done early '17.

i was not sure where to hang the wildebeest in my office, so i decided to give him a spot in my shelf.

i recently built a pedestal for my pop's sable mount, and put a piece of wood on the front cut out in the shape of africa. i made it from shedua, an african wood i found at a local shop. i took a leftover piece, put a couple coats of poly on it, and made this little mini-pedestal.

http://i114.photobucket.com/al...ermb133/IMG_4958.jpg

[/url]

we'll see how the office looks after i get the impala in here and a couple more whitetails next time i drive back to TN and pick them up.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Great stuff and Wildebeest make for good european mounts.

Personally I would move the Pronghorns to another place?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
agree fairgame, i want to relocate them so as to be less distracting. just gotta figure out where first...
when i get my basement finished (2 years....) i can relocate a few things easily out of my office.

i think i'll move the 2 whitetail euro's in this pic to the dining room, and try to put my pronghorn euros in the whitetails spot, that will clear up the shelf with the wildebeest.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice John.
What's your bride having to say?

Re: "in the dining room" hmmmm---!

Stay well up there in snow country.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
george, it was her idea to bring them in the dining room!
she hates shoulder mounts but loves euro mounts. there's a euro whitetail in the kitchen as well. she has no interest in hunting, but apparently antlers are "in" right now as far as decorating goes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great John.
Hey, what you need to add is a muntjac skull.
They have fangs, real weird looking deal. I'll text a pic of one I got here. Strange thing, the lower jaw from a local red fox just about fits it too. IF you want, you can post it here for all to see. Not many on this side have even heard of one, I hadn't til Ken in the UK told about shooting them often. Very small deer, about like our doe antelope for size.

Best wishes to you both,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Try 45 degrees on the wall

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote