New
Find
Notify
Tools

llamapacker's trophy room
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, with the new forum I finally decided to post a few pictures of my trohpy room(s). I hope it gives others some idea of what can be done in a relatively modest house. The pictures start as you enter through the front door of the house, and then through a hall area on the way to our family room. With my taxidermist seemingly always working on new peices, these rooms are never done, but at least this is the current incarnation.

Cheers,

Bill

Standing in the doorway looking to the left.

This wall is directly in front of you as you enter the house.

The cougar is above the coat closet, and the family room is down the steps under the caribou.

A few deer hang opposite the caribou.

The family room has several skulls on the floor which will soon be mounted as well.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Very impressive. How long have you been collecting these trophies?

I bet they make good landmarks when guests come over and ask to go to the bathroom too

"Walk untill you see the cougar, take a left by the caribou and then past 3 white tails and you'll be there."

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Tastefully done, Bill. The way you have your mounts sort of scattered throughout the house was the way I had mine once. A guy can collect a lot of stuffings over 45 years of hunting. I had some in my office, the family and living room and even in my wife's personal TV room. Then I converted the spa room to a trophy room due to her "urging," if you know what I mean.

I still might use the family room, which is on track for a 14'X 25' addition, as the "African exhibit" when I get those trophies back. But...first I'll have to convince someone that it would be a really neat thing to do. -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kool! I especially like the lion lurking above.

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post

Did you see the other bear images I added in the OUTDOOR WRITER'S ROOM thread in my reply to you?? -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Kool! I especially like the lion lurking above.

Me, too. Really nice layout.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Actually I really like the skulls on the hearth as they are. I think I will do that in my family room. This should work especially well for me. I have a raised brick hearth that goes from one side of of the room to the other. Besides, Im running out of wall space unless I add on. LOL! I am going to be forced to doing only skull mounts very soon.

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Great set up - I think that the cat is awesome! The layout of you home reminded me of our house when we lived out in Roy, UT - quad level, vaulted ceiling, etc..

Did you take both blesbok and bontebok or are the fireplace bookends the same animal? Also, was the mulie a high country archery buck, since it appears to still have velvet? It's got great deep forks!!

Brad

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice layout, Bill. You are either going to have to raise your ceilings or start shooting smaller animals.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is one of the kewlest rooms I have ever seen!! What a great variety of game.

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote