Find
Notify
Tools

Great Hunters - Volume 5
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
Safari Press released the "Great Hunters Their Trophy Rooms and Collections - Volume 5" only a few days ago.

https://www.safaripress.com/pr...tid=912&cat=0&page=1

Great Xmas gift...pictures of the Trophy Rooms in this latest edition are absolutely phenomenal. Kudos to Safari Press for doing a fantastic job !!!

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Already got it buddy.
By the way, Congradulations on making it in!!!
You are da MAN!!!!
Great Collection.
My oldest son (3) looks at the books all the time.
Congrats again,
Mike

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Thanks woodsie, there are some awesome jaw dropping collections in Vol 5.

P.S. Did you hunt with Jim Schockey ? How did it go. PM me when you get a chance.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry buddy,
I forgot about this post.
Wife needs the computer now, but I will pm you in the Morning.
The quick answer is, book with Shockey if you interested in that hunt. IT IS AMAZING. (Get in before the SCI show)
I'll PM you more info in the morning.
Thanks,
W.Smiler

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ordered to keep set full.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm expecting to receive mine soon.
It does amaze me the amount of thought put into organizing the trophy rooms and then the amount of hunting to accumulate them. Simply stunning and amazing.

Also, I'll say it once and I'll say it again about these trophy rooms, unless there are mountain game mixed in with the flatland African game, IMO it isn't a true 'hunters' trophy room.

With that said, I'm missing the 3rd issue. I've found the newly issued 2nd reprint but am needing 1st issue. Anyone?

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
bluefin,

One would imagine that cost of hunts, travel, taxidermy, trophy rooms, for these volumes would probably amount to couple of Billion dollars easily. Safari Press has done a great service to archive these private collections for generations to come.

Volume 3 was the hardest one to find as it got sold out very quickly. A used Vol 3 First Edition was being sold at amazon couple of months ago for over $350 and it did not last long as someone bought it right away. The Second Edition of Vol 3 you can buy from safari press for $60 I believe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the entire set, all first editions. Volume 5 seems different than the previous ones, not as many collections featured but more detailed photography on each one. Wish some of the previous collections had been covered in more detail. Best set of hunting books I've seen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
With that said, I'm missing the 3rd issue. I've found the newly issued 2nd reprint but am needing 1st issue. Anyone?

There is another one http://www.wikio.co.uk/books/g...72073-9282069,b.html

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ouch. What is that - $280?
Wished I would have gotten that book when it first came out.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Rembrandt1
Agreed, it is the best set of hunting books from Safari Press. I am so glad I have all volumes.

mboga biga bwana
Looks like someone bought Vol 3 already. Maybe bluefin Smiler They have volume 4 listed at a very high price 121 uk pounds....amazing.

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Are you in the book, collector? Got any photos of your trophy room to share? Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found an original vol 3 for $150. Hated to do it but pulled the trigger to complete the series.

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Anders,

Sorry I cannot post my Trophy Room pics here due to copyright reasons. But please feel free to get the book directly from Safari Press here is the link.
https://www.safaripress.com/pr...tid=912&cat=0&page=1

If you are interested in my pictures, there are two other books available. One was photographed entirely by me and one is a collaboration. Both books are available at www.EliteHuntingUSA.com then click on "Books".

I post my photos in the "Bird Shooting" forum here at AR. Please take a look when you get a chance. Look under topics that were started by collector.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...rums/a/frm/f/4121043

Feel free to drop me a PM anytime.

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
I thought so, collector!
I guess I have to get some of those books.. Smiler

Thanks!

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
Just received my copy and i'm impressed as usual. By the way collector, that's a ton of birds!

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Thanks SilenT....glad you enjoyed the book. I have been at it for a long time, having a supporting wife who understands my passion for hunting really helped as well.