New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Antler Tree....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After nearly 40 years of hunting you tend to accumulate antlers. Having filled a couple of trophy rooms I could never quite figure how to display the racks that didn't get mounted.....here's something I've had in the back of my mind for some time.

Cut a 8' length of tree and mounted it to a drum dolly, then filled the base with concrete for ballast and stability. Casters make it easy to roll around for cleaning. Plan to paint and add plant foliage to the base. Cost....about $65.

Maybe I'll add a few lights for Christmas decorations.....(heehee)

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Great idea! I do think it needs some Christmas lights at minimum!

~Ann

Posts: 19190 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted Hide Post
I can't help but ask, but do you have boar tusks in one of the deer shoulder mounts? Confused

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad you asked, I was also wondering.

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a deer version of a jackalope, red eyes and boar tusks. You'd never believe how many people think they really exist, had a lot of fun with that one.

One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics. Never seen this combination before, kinda neat seeing it close up. It is amazing what people will believe these days....kind of sad really.

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw a mountain lion head mount that some guy picked up from a yard sale.
He took it home and added some tusks to it. Man that was one bad looking kitty.

He had it over his bar and would make up stories about it when he was drinking.
Great Fun

Cheers, John

Give me COFFEE and nobody gets hurt

Posts: 1608 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Devil buck! nilly

~Ann

Posts: 19190 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote