THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    Namibian Trophies (more pics of new stuff!)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibian Trophies (more pics of new stuff!)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted
Trophies from my 2007 plainsgame hunt in Namibia are finally starting to arrive. Here they are.

Kudu and wildebeest shoulder mounts are yet to come.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I'm a sucker for a great zebra rug, not to mention that it looks great in that room.

Posts: 159 | Location: Bellevue, NE, USA | Registered: 05 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's a cool way to do skull mounts. Whoever did your zebra did a great job. Nice room.

DRSS

Posts: 625 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You didn't mount that Springer did you? Smiler

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
That is my springer spaniel, Ike, in a rare moment of repose. In most circumstances he could NEVER be mistaken for taxidermy!

www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I love the backing on your euro mounts using the continent of Africa!

Posts: 384 | Location: Tok, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
Very Cool!!!

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice zebra rug and other mounts too. Who did the zebra?

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
The rug was done by Joey Busetto of JB Taxidermy. He did an another Zebra rug for me earlier using a different style. This rug features a back leather trim, while the earlier one has a leather base, but no trim.

This rug is in my son and daughter-in-law's house.

Which do you prefer?

www.ceandersonart.com

One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted Hide Post
Beautiful trophies and creatively mounted skulls and tusks. Just have to ask, though, how come it took 3 years for the trophies to get to you?

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
That's a very good question that I can't really answer. It is a very long time to wait.

I am happy with the quality, however.

www.ceandersonart.com

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting pictures of such beautiful trophies. I like the zebra rug without the trim. I just love the African map base mounts & the sandgrouse!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
I can see how you might think the mounted bird is a sand grouse, but in fact it is a gray partridge, a European import to North America. Locally they are called Hungarian partridges, or Huns, probably due to the country of origin of the original imports. They have adapted very well to the agricultural nature of the North American West, and in many places are the dominant upland game bird.

My apologies for mixing species and causing confusion.

www.ceandersonart.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the plaques used for the Euros. Very nice touch. Some nice trophies too.
I also prefer the zebra without the trim.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RHK
posted Hide Post
Very nice, classy room...I like the plaques as well, nice touch!

"Everybody told me you can't far on $37.00 and and a jap guitar" ~ S.E.

"Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana." ~ M.H.

Wild Bob

Posts: 73 | Location: North East Montana | Registered: 14 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the untrimmed zebra rug.

One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

I've never done European mounts until very recently and in many ways I think that I like them better. Yours are gorgeous.

I'd love to have a Zebra rug myself, but my wife and I keep a small breeding herd of Paso Fino horses and I just can't bring myself to shoot a Zebra. It's irrational, I know, but it's the way it is. I've been sorely tempted a few times, but so far the little horse that rides around on my shoulder has won the argument.

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
Here is my kudu which has just arrived

What do you think?

www.ceandersonart.com

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Very nice,
Looks to be one heck of a mane on your kudu.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Great looking Kudu, I love it when they have wide horns.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
Thanks! My taxidermist said this kudu had the biggest ears he had ever seen on a kudu.

www.ceandersonart.com

one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Very nice, congrats on some very nice trophies! The kudu does hve what looks to be some over sized ears???

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mohan
posted Hide Post
Love the Euro mounts, Like the Zebra Rug without the Trim, Nice trophies.

Posts: 97 | Location: columbus, ohio | Registered: 04 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I go back and forth over euro mounts, but those look great!

The dog on the rug looks almost alive!

I found my answer by raising the roof four feet in an eight by fourteen foot area of my Man Cave.

congrats.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thunder Head:
Very nice,
Looks to be one heck of a mane on your kudu.

What he said...
love the pic of your dog.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I like the color of your kudus horns. Sometimes they just get very black and kinda fake looking. those look great.

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Africa cut out for the euro mounts. Love that idea. My wife does not like european mounts at all so I have to do shoulder mounts all the time and it breaks my heart, not! I love the Kudu. By far one of my favorite animals from anywhere. Congrats.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
Here is the final trophy from my Namibian hunt. He is so ugly he gets his own wall all to himself!

www.ceandersonart.com

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
The slow arrival of your trophies really spread your memories out a bit. Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
Point taken! Eeker

I wonder how many of us will still be around to see my 2011 trophies from Zimbabwe!

www.ceandersonart.com

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Love the Africa map on your euros....beautiful trophies...congratulations !!!

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
I like the Euro mounts as well. There is enough room on the panel up in the north west corner of Africa where you could even add steinbok and duiker skulls if you wanted.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi I like your European mounts the Africa plaques are really nice.I much prefer the Zebra untrimmed as mine is.How are the Pheasants across the Rocks there this fall.

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Brady:
How are the Pheasants across the Rocks there this fall.

Sadly, between habitat destruction brought about by brutally efficient agriculture and a series of cold, wet springs, pheasants are not doing well.

Ducks and geese abound, however.

www.ceandersonart.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done.
Glad you finally have them home.

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must be a dog man. I Recognized the dog before I saw the web address.
Hilarious

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
He does match the zebra rug though.

www.ceandersonart.com

One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
I love the kudu mount, and am wondering what was done (or not done) to get the horns to remain natural? So many kudu mounts have shiny black horns.
I hunted Namibia in July of this year, and just heard from the taxidermist that my trophies are ready. I'm enjoying all the pics on here.

Thanks

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
I can't really answer your question, because I don't know the answer myself. But I agree with you - I prefer them natural coloured myself!

www.ceandersonart.com