Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Pics
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted
My whole house is a trophy room! I don't have a dedicated room, just hang em where they will fit.

I like this one. It's an Ermine. You don't see many of these mounted. I trapped him.

That's a few, I've got more.

This is a Washington state elk I shot in the 60s. West of Yakima.

A few bears. A small Oklahoma Whitetail, Sitka Blacktail, Goat and rattlesnake skins.

A Dall Sheep and a Oklahoma Bobcat.

Namibia Red Hartebeest

My Sons Oryx.

Warthog on a Hartebeest skin.

Duiker.

Kudu

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice TJ!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
TJ,

Nice pic's! I like the inside of your home!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
The house is made from native Spruce logs. We cut them, peeled them and put them up. It took 3 years sparetime/weekends. We like it and it's paid for!
Here's a couple other oddities.

I found this moose shed a couple years ago. A friend did the carving.

This is a pickup sheephorn another friend carved.

My big moose. Tied for #18 in B&C 1999 Record book. The blackbear behind the moose is a 6'2" bear. Big one for this area.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Nice collection TJ. Thanks for sharing with us.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Very Nice.

That looks like a mighty good Dall ram too.

Thanks for sharing,
Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
I shot the ram in the Twin Lakes country before peanut brain Carter took it away from us. Believe it or not, I was meat hunting when I got him. Sheep used to be my favorite animal, until I discovered Goats! I've got a bigger one that I took on the North Slope, but it is so dirty I was ashamed to post it!
I'll clean it up and post a pic.
Notice there are no pics of Goats? There is a reason. I've shot a dozen or so goats and every one of the damn things either fell and broke horns/ruined cape or the damn dogs ate the head. In the olden days, we could shoot 2 goats a year. I usually did. We love the taste of goats, but the billies are tougher than a boot.
I finally got a good horn/cape and I was so damn poor I couldn't afford to have it mounted. I've still got the salted dried cape in the shed and the horns hanging around here somewhere. I need to drag them out and see if a good taxidermist can save them.
I've also got a B&C 400 point Kenai caribou hanging upstairs. Shot it over by Hope several years ago. It probably has the ugliest cape I've ever seen on an animal. I need to find a prettier cape and have it remounted. The horns are nice, just the cape ruins it.
Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. I'll try to post more when I get them.

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Couple more.
Here's a potential worlds record.

In all my travels on the net hunting sites, I've never seen a pic of one of these!
Yep it's a Swamp rabbit or more commonly called a Muskrat!

Another potential worlds record!

My youngest Son shot and skinned this squirrel when he was 5 years old. I kept it.

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Here's a Dall sheep pickup from the north slope.

One of Us
Picture of Warbird
posted Hide Post
The Dall looks very smug! All animals present their own challenge and you have done a great job!

-Jamie

Posts: 50 | Location: NC | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
Very nice Warthog, where did you shoot it?

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
TJ, wonderful... nice comfortable home, well done. Thanks for sharing your successes. Keep up the good work!

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
Nice trophies, nice place too, the color of the wood gives off a nice warm feeling.

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 219 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
The hog was shot by my son about 100 miles east of Windhoek.
I've got more. I'll just have to take pics of them. I'll gather up all my broken goat horns in one area, and get a pic. In my opinion, they are the hardest trophy to get, and that includes the bears.
I really enjoy other folks trophy pics and I hope you like mine. Nothing really spectacular, but its a start!
Thanks.

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Here's another nice moose. I know he will go in the B&C book, but I don't want to haul the damn thing out of the house down to have him scored!

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Screwed the last one up. Here's a bigger pic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am widhing that was in my house!!!

Posts: 187 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TJ:

Great displays in a fine home.
Wish you a long happy life to
enjoy it.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5949 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308sniper
posted Hide Post
Sweet house and mounts!!! The only things I have mounted are a ram and a little spike.

PETA: people eating tasty animals

Posts: 46 | Location: VA | Registered: 12 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic collection TJ, thanks for sharing them with us!!!

p.s. I realy like the carved horn! Wink

Posts: 85 | Location: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: 11 May 2006Reply With Quote