Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Outdoor Writer's Room Today
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted
What are the details on your grandfathers 10Ga Parker? Grade? Barrels? It looks like a neat family gun.

By the way, you did a grand job of getting all of those mounts into one room.

Hog Killer

PS: Looks like you are real handy with saws and hammers

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice room Tony, but you need to get rid of that multi-colored couch.

After I get my house built I will have you over for a beer...

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're right - keep the couch.

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Nah, the couch goes along with the rest of the Mexican theme throughtout the house. My wife made those covers out of genuine Mexican serapes. In fact, there's now a matching valance over the window in the trophy room. -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice room, I liked your idea where you have your turkey and a bobcat. Was the reset a window or something else ? Bill

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Bill,

When I originally built that room, it had a sunken 6'x6' spa in it with two steps. The area where the cabinets now are in the alcove was actually a planter for live houseplants. The rock shelves also had plants on them.

Most of my mounts were scattered in about every other room in the house. Since we tired of the spa after 15 years or so, I decided to rip it out and consolidate all my mounts into it, which made my wife extremely happy.

Here's a photo of the room in transition. The light-colored concrete is the footprint of the platform/steps around the spa. The new concrete is where the lower part went into the ground. The carpeted platform rose to where the sheetrock on the wall ended in this photo. The large window on the left wall from the couch was added during the redo, too.

My workshop, which was added at the same time as the original spa room, is immediately behind the wall with the alcove.

I also should note that the bear mount won't be staying in the middle of the room; it was there only for the photo and will reside in the corner to the right of the entrance as one walks into the room. There are 40 boxes of tile for another project stacked there now, however. -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote