Find
Notify
Tools

giraffe mount pictures
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted
who has any pictures of differenr mount options on whats been done with giraffes after a safari. Ive done the search thing on here and anything that had pictures are not coming up when the search is done. The text is there, but the pictures aren't loading, so if anyone has anything they want to share, thanks.
Willi

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
Safari Press has a series of books called GREAT HUNTERS http://www.safaripress.com/search.php?mode=search&xid=c...2402368f471729f9caed which shows photos of trophy rooms of some very successful hunters. There are four volumes. In them you can find photos of taxidermy of just about every game animal ever taken in most every pose imagineable.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those books are pretty cool, there are four volumes, but they really should be retitiled to "Filthy Rich Hunters".

Posts: 175 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
Yes you are right, the the subject trophy rooms are not representative of those with average means. They sure do give inspiration though. I have all four and look through them often.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Not to get the thread sidetracked, but which of the 4 volumes do you guys like best? I'd like to get them all to flip through, but they are a bit pricey.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevens:
Not to get the thread sidetracked, but which of the 4 volumes do you guys like best? I'd like to get them all to flip through, but they are a bit pricey.

PM sent

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw them on ebay for sale a while back. Amazon may have some used ones for sale.

Posts: 175 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
All of the volumes are good but I think the first and second are the best.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi BH:

My Giraffe mount should be done by the end of April 06, I will try and post a pic of it here. Waiting almost two years since my Safari. It took almost 12 months to get my crate back from Zim in 2004.

I am having it shoulder mounted attached to a wooden pedistal. It is BIG to say the least and towers about 13 feet in the air. Maybe a tree inside the base with habitat.

I also had shipped the skull, backskin and hooves with the hide attached up to the knee cap.... LOL... I am having a custom made table made with the hooves as the legs of the table. I am using the back skin to do the covering on the top of the table, covered with glass.

I just redid my whole trophy room. I had the whole down stairs painted, 18 ft walls in my room, 25 ft ceilings in the hallway. Replaced all the blinds, and am having hard wood floors installed in my room and family room. Geez... I think it would have been easier to build a new house, what a pain in the ass..LOL

I plan on having one wall as my north american wall and the rest is my African Game.

Regards... Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
PA,

It sounds great. Pictures???

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Buffy:

I will post some pics when I have all my mounts set up. I will have 5 African pedistal mounts, the Buffalo & Zebra Pedistal mounts were shown here before. I am doing a double Kudu Pedistal mount, and a single Sable. I also just got back a 190 B&C class 12 point whitetail that I shot in Illinois last year, he is a pedistal mount also.

Four weeks worth of refinishing work and over 10K later and I am still not finished, I need a break...LOL

Regards... Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote