Find
Notify
Tools

Internet Shooting Match
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It's Baaaaaack! [Eek!]

Ok guys, hunting season is upon us. Wheter you are a hunter or not, you can compete here.

Rules as follows:

Any big game hunting caliber centerfire rifle.

Cast bullets only.

100 yards bench 10 shots

50 yard offhand 10 shots

Separate targets

Shoot as many targets as you like, and send your best. This is for fun. Have it.

All submitted targets to be on a 8.5X11" paper
target of your choice.

Any sights, state all rifle info, sight type, load, lube, FPS, any other pertinent information.

All targets must have your name and handle.

Match ends October 1. Entries to be recieved by October 10.

Any targets recieved without the proper information will not be scored.

Overseas shooters contact me at;

waksupi@aboutmontana.net

As with the previous matches ran on the Shooters Cast bullet room, I will accept bribes. Wearing Spandex while shooting is optional.
Send targets to

Ric Carter
305 Cramer Creek Road
Somers, Montana 59932

Be aware, even though this is a hunters match, scoring may not be finished until after hunting season.

[Smile]

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Does it have to be a rifle? How about my trusty 454?
 -

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rick, if it a hunting round, what is the minimum fps you would hunt with?

I got this Swede that does pretty good with 11.5 grains of Unique, but I don't think of the resulting fps speed as a "hunting" speed.

(well, rabbits and squirrels and perhaps a kitty cat if it were found in Ray's neighborhood)

Is fps speed any sort of requirement for this match?

BTW, it's not considered "good form" when somebody posts a winning target before the match even takes place -- that could tend to discourage the rest of us plain old plunkers a wee bit ....

Oldfeller

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Shoot a similar match here but with one slight twist.
Multiply your score by calibre; i.e a 10x.458 scores higher than 10x.308 etc.
Gets real interesting, a 8mm Mauser won our last match.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You have to suffer through rifles, with rules as stated above. If you want to do a different angle, start another shooting match.

Oldfeller, I would call 1600 fps acceptable in the Swede, as I have killed deer in that velocity range and bore size with no problem.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lar 45 - You done went and made my screen about two feet wide with that target! Didn't you see the 8.5X11" part? [Smile]

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I didn't know the pic would end up that large. I'll reduce the resolution on future posts. I'll have to tweak the LEE 170's in the 06 then. That 454 target was shot with one of mountain molds bullets.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought I should bring this back to the top as a reminder that this is the final few days of the match.

quote:
Originally posted by waksupi:
It's Baaaaaack! [Eek!]

Ok guys, hunting season is upon us. Wheter you are a hunter or not, you can compete here.

Rules as follows:

Any big game hunting caliber centerfire rifle.

Cast bullets only.

100 yards bench 10 shots

50 yard offhand 10 shots

Separate targets

Shoot as many targets as you like, and send your best. This is for fun. Have it.

All submitted targets to be on a 8.5X11" paper
target of your choice.

Any sights, state all rifle info, sight type, load, lube, FPS, any other pertinent information.

All targets must have your name and handle.

Match ends October 1. Entries to be recieved by October 10.

Any targets recieved without the proper information will not be scored.

Overseas shooters contact me at;

waksupi@aboutmontana.net

As with the previous matches ran on the Shooters Cast bullet room, I will accept bribes. Wearing Spandex while shooting is optional.
Send targets to

Ric Carter
305 Cramer Creek Road
Somers, Montana 59932

Be aware, even though this is a hunters match, scoring may not be finished until after hunting season.

[Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I DO hope I'm hearing the sound of tongues licking stamps this morning.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The first of the targets are arriving now. The one that came with the large, heavy bribe should score rather well!