New
Find
Notify
Tools

45 ACP bullet weight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've gotten a few hundred 200 gr H&G68-style SWCs and noted that the weight varied from under 204 to perhaps 209 among the few I weighed. How big a weight spread would be acceptable before it became noticeable in informal 25-yd target shooting?

Bud W

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're just plinking, then just load them up and shoot 'em. If you're planning to enter a few matches, then segregate the bullets accodrding to weight and then load them. With cast bullets, you'll always get a variance of a few grains.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input... it's sort of in line with what I was thinking so I'll just rough-sort them into groups that will be fired together.

Bud W

one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud W:
I've gotten a few hundred 200 gr H&G68-style SWCs and noted that the weight varied from under 204 to perhaps 209 among the few I weighed. How big a weight spread would be acceptable before it became noticeable in informal 25-yd target shooting?

Bud W
You can't get an accurate weight with grease in the groves. The lighter bullets may have an air pocket/bubble. AT 25 yards it won't make much difference.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
If I were loading for max. accuracy, I would segregate by weight, no more than 5gr diff. either way. At 25yds, it will make a slight diff. in accuracy.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote