THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Cast Bullets    NEI .264 125 gr. DD - Any one use this style bullet?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEI .264 125 gr. DD - Any one use this style bullet?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of C. A. Plater
posted
I am contemplating getting one of these moulds for use in my 6.5 tcu. It is a custom 11" VV Contender barrel with a 1 in 9 twist and a throat that is fairly short especially when compared to T/C factory. I've used 130 grain bullets sold by Leadhead but I don't want to seat the bullets that deep and lighter cast bullets in this cal. are non-existant. This bullet looks to be a reasonable solution but I have no experience with the double diameter style bullet and wonder how they'd work. It looks like the forward band would ride the rifling and the seating depth looks good for keeping the bullet from protruting much beyond the neck. Thanks for any info you can supply.

Courtney

Posts: 181 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 21 July 2003Reply With Quote