Find
Notify
Tools

Re: WC-820 and Lee C429-310
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
I am afraid my WC820 data may just be a point of information for you. My batch is significantly older and slower so it corresponds to H-110 or at least to the can of 110 I had at the time. I notice Jeff now says to use AA #9 load data for his current offering of WC-820, don't know about Hi-Tech and McDonald.
I know one thing that big ol flat nose sure did make a lasting impression on that hedge apple when it hit! I was also VERY impressed on the impact results. With any sort of luck I will be able to report impact results on smaller medium game animal(s) after this weekend.

I wish the nose was a tad smaller in diameter so that I could set the bullet out to the bottom crimp groove. Of course wiuth the accuray i have seen so far, I guess I have plenty of cylinder to do it, just not a throat that will accept that bullet. I should shut up considering the loads performance and just shoot more. As soon as I get a new batch cast after the end of deer season (Jan 9) I also want to try some WC-680 which provided me with pretty good accuracy with the 300 grain XTPs.

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote