THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THANKS ALADIN!! (the 30HBC arrived today)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
THANKS ALADIN!! (the 30HBC arrived today)

And thanks to ALL of y'all. There was great input to the design and good comments on the process. Great support (from this board's members) in the last several days too!

Let's see how it shoots and refine the design.

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got mine yesterday also. Now I've got to get the lead pot fired up. Thanks to Aladin for all his time/trouble for other people sake.

Posts: 36 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me too!!!

thanks Aladin!

regards,
graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got mine today, too. They look great!!

Many thanks, Aladin!

Posts: 300 | Location: W. New Mexico | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Likewise, thanks! It sure is a pretty bullet! Haven't had a chance to try the mould out yet.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Aladin!
Saw the mailbox hanging open, yup a big long mould in there! Was gonna go to "other board" but can't seem to get on. Too bad some strange ideas people over there get sometimes,People bad mouthing folks over there on aimoo. Looks real purty!

Posts: 128 | Location: Star, Idaho | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another Thanks!

Cranked up my pot today and cast a few, about 140 after tossing back about the first 15 or 20 for visual flaws then everything was warm enough and ran great. Average was 187.2 gr with linotype and adding a Hornady GC brought the total to 191.7 gr. Wait till you actually see them, they are great! Checked a few against the drawing spec's and things are right on. Now I just need to decide if I'm going to try a few without sizing and then what load to try, damn decisions, decisions.

Later Guys,

Posts: 78 | Location: CA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think my first trip to the range with them is going to be with TWO batches - sized and as-cast. Problem is my largest 30 cal sizer is .309". I want to just touch the sides and squeeze in a little lube.

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote