Find
Notify
Tools

just tried my new Waage Furnace
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi fellas
I just tried out my new Waage Furnace that I got over at work and did all these bullets after work pics will be attached.
Now before I start,I have no affiliation with Waage or Bill Ferguson and don't get any money or any products for telling you about this furnace and other of the gear that Bill sells ,this is my own thoughts on the furnace and related items that I would like to share with you.

Well I have used the furnace and it is top's in my books,alot safer than my gas fired rocket blaster.
It took about 18-20 minutes to melt 25lbs of lead( W/W),it is a dream to cast with,with a ladle,I use a Lyman ladle but have Rowell ladle to use when I'm smelting down lead in ingot form.

I cast 100 C452-300-RF,60 Lyman 457124,75 Lyman 458-405gr,100 CBE 309-162-RF,100 Lee 452-255-RF,60 459-500-3R,50 457-145-Roundball,100 TL452-230-RN.
Sorry I cannot get the picture of the bullets to load for some reason?.
Whew it was alot of bullets.
I have 240V here in Australia and had to put a Australian plug on it when I got it,but no big drama.
I tell you what after doing that many bullets,I was knackered
Fluxing in the pot was good,I used Paraffin wax and a match to burn off the fumes,I fluxed every time I put some new ingots in the pot.

I had to fill the pot twice,for it got down low but it only took about 8 minutes for it to be up to temp again and on the second time I put some ingot on the side of the pot to warm up and it took a lot less than 8 minutes to get back up to temp,I was using one of the fine thermometers that I purchased off Bill a few years back and it was telling me that my temp was around the 650-660 mark,it was good that it did not turn on and off all the time,which meant that the pot is well insulated,it did turn on and off but not like my Lee pot would.
the maximum I got in temp at full throttle was 765 F,very good it is I'm impressed with it,it's a keeper alright.
I'll have no worries in recommending it to anyone that will listen,it would be interesting to see if they make one with a bottom pour,now that would be good.
I think if you are looking for a good furnace for ladle casting then this Waage furnace is just the ticket,I'm impressed with it.
Bill Ferguson has them for about $295US,he also has the very fine thermometer that I got off him a few years back and have not looked back on that purchase,he also sells Lets Flux and Rowell Ladles,which I have also and like it very much.
So anyone in the market for a ladle casting furnace please check out Bill Fergusons website at http://www.theantimonyman.com/price.htm#smelt
As I said before I do not get any thing for saying this or recommending it,this is off my own bat which I wanted to share with you all and tell you what good products Bill has and he WILL look after you.
Cheers
Dale

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.

"God,Gun's & Gut's made Australia free,let's fight to keep all three."

Posts: 49 | Location: East Gippsland,Australia | Registered: 07 October 2007Reply With Quote