New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mold for Sale
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Howdy fellows. I have a mold that has been gathering dust in my collection. It is a Hensley and Gibbs #50 10 cavity .38 special wadcutter mold. The exterior is in good condition with a brown patina color. It has definitely seen some use, possibly with a police department. The interior of the mold is excellent and throws dandy bullets.
Price is $100 plus shipping or perhaps a trade (molds, dies, etc.) If you are interested in this mold please email me at bbingham@3rivers.net.

one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
10 cavities, dang! That's a piece of iron!

I've already got a nice Lyman 2-cavity .38 wadcutter mould, though, and I'd never hear the end of paying $100+ for a single mould from my wife. (Not that I ever would, anyway.) Good luck! Maybe some vintage mould collector'll just have to have it.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you've ever had any experience with a Hensley and Gibb multi cavity mold but the quality has to be seen to be believed. I doubt that they could be reproduced nowadays for less than $200.

And if you figure you'll pay around $40 for a 2 cavity Lyman and your production is increased 5x with a 10 cavity then $100 for a 10 cavity is a bargain. I've got several identical molds so I figured I'd see if someone could get some use out of them. I'd rather see a caster and shooter buy them rather than a collector as the molds should be used, not gather dust in a collection.

You are right about them being a good chunk of iron. I used to cast with two of the molds going at the same time, pouring with a 2 lb. capacity ladle. That'll give you some Popeye forearms but you can really crank out the bullets!