New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kapok Filler
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well I decided I'm going back to kapok. I just don't like the Dacron. I found a good source and am getting enough to wad 16 inch naval cannos with hahaha just kidding. I'll do a side by side comparison of kapok versus dacron when I get the new kapok.

Joe

<dla>
posted
What's wrong with plain old everyday available anywhere 100% cotton?

one of us
posted Hide Post
If Strmetal is anything like me, he got an old life jacket for a quarter at a garage sale. Lifetime supply, most likely.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used some material from a life jacket in my .30-06 with 170-grain cast bullets.

Didn't get very good accuracy, rifle seemed to kick a bit more than usual (not uncomfortably) and the unburned Kapok or whatever really created quite a cloud out of the muzzle. Almost looked like it was snowing.

Posts: 26 | Location: Tekamah, Nebr. | Registered: 26 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
waksupi, yes was like you but we moved and it got lost in the move so buying more.

Terry...sounds like you are putting way too much in, even possibly packing it. Have two 30-06 springfields, one 30-40 krag, and on 7x57 Mark X mauser that all shoot into 3/4 inch at 100yds. The two 30-06's with peep sights none the less. So kapok isn't hurting my accuracy. Try not to put so much in and try to make it fluffy, or you might try switching to Dacron.

Joe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Starmetal - If you need some, email me at waksupi@aboutmontana.net with your snail mail address, and I'll send you some.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote