posted
"If you're going through hell, keep going." Sir Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
" Concensus is the absence of leadership."
Margaret Thatcher

"Facts are to Democrats as Kyrptonite is to Superman."
unknown caller to talk show

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand."

Thomas Carlyle

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a delight it is to make friends with someone you have despised!
- Sidonie Gabrielle Colette, Earthly Paradise: An Autobiography

All would live long; but none would be old.

Even peace may be purchased at too high a price.

Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

If Jack's in love, he's no judge of Jill's beauty.

Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.

If I knew a miser, who gave up every kind of comfortable living, all the pleasure of doing good to others, all the esteem of his fellow-citizens, and the joys of benevolent friendship, for the sake of accumulating wealth. Poor man, said I, you pay too much for your whistle.

What maintains one vice would bring up two children.

Ben Franklin

one of us
posted Hide Post
USA Today has come out with a new survey: Apparently three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population.
--David Letterman

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
--Robert A. Heinlein

One has fear in front of a goat, in back of a mule, and on every side of a fool
--Edgar Watson Howe

Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger
--Franklin P. Jones

There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organisation. If there are such things as angels, hope that they are organised along the lines of the Mafia.
--Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. The Sirens of Titan

Everything I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother
--Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.
--Doug Larson

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days; bribery and corruption are common; children no longer obey their parents; and the end of the world is evidently approaching.
--Assyrian clay tablet 2800 B.C.

You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they're going.
--P. J. O'Rourke

I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it
--Harry S. Truman

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.
--Franklin P. Adams American journalist

Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.
--Red Buttons

If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either
--Dick Cavett

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kill all thw lawyers!
Wm. Shakespeare
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote