New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just another Burn Rate Chart
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There was a someone in previous post with a burn rate chart I found one on a search. Give a look see and give me some insight if it seem to be pretty good one.
I realize powders change lot to lot ect. How ever you guy's got lots of knowledge. Any input will be appreciated.
Don

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
OLPDon,

I saved that one!!! That's the most complete list of powders I do believe I have seen. Even lists many of the surplus powders that I have. A keeper. Thanks...BCB

Posts: 212 | Location: WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Be careful! Some of those positions I know are wrong from experience. It goes to show that various lots are not the same. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
IME, powder burn rate charts are interesting, modestly useful and... the actual relative powder burn rates might change when certain cartridges. Some are so close as to be inconsequential and somewhat misleading. A perfect example is H110/W296. The same powder, different packaging, and of course, different lots. Thanks for the link.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
felix,

You indeed may be correct with your statement! I printed a copy of the list and upon closer observation, I noticed that AL-8 is listed much faster than my lot. Even data from years ago, and powder profiles lists it much closer to Blue Dot. Oh well, I have always used extreme caution when using it and it has been O.K. using starting Blue Dot data. Yet, this list includes a good many powders not included in other lists so it still is a good reference...BCB

Posts: 212 | Location: WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the input. Don

posted Hide Post
Noticing on the chart that HS-5 Hodgdon is listed number 31 and again as number 57?
CM

Posts: 1 | Location: Stanton, NE | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess with all our cross ref. we can come up with a close guide....Don

[ 12-05-2003, 05:16: Message edited by: OLPDon ]