New
Find
Notify
Tools

Veral as 'Censor'
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
aw hell, I bet I can piss further than any of you and I pack a snub-nose....har har har! Go ahead, yank out thet thar 'long rifle' and let's see who wins this hyar pissin' contest.

Let it rest, screw Veral and Graybeard. I ran Graybeard off from my place, damned scrounger, like feeding a bottomless pit. I think ol' Veral knows plenty about cast bullets, I'll give him his due, but he doesn't know it all...hell, I know a thing or three myself and so do you fellers.

Now as to why the 6.5 bullets disappear like a flight of Navy SNJ's over the Bermuda Triangle, I ain't got a clue and ain't going to worry about it. The bullets disappeared and so did those airplanes. I have my theory about both, but it ain't worth wasting my breath saying why. Don't matter anyway. As beagle says; "It's just a thing...".

Posts: 288 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Read today on CNN's site that the Earth's magnetic field's getting weaker. I think those boolits just got lost.

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I have a general distaste for GB forums, due to sensorship, especially as it has been based on petty things. I haven't viewed any of the referenced threads, so am speaking from ignorance there.

As to Veral, I respect him for the advances he has made in cast bullet design, as well as providing custom molds. If it wasn't for Verals work, we likely wouldn't have Mountain Molds, Ballisticast copies, and Applegate.

I wish all the success to Veral, and with the large SASS contingency, and many of them being folks that want to drop $'s on name brand stuff, I think he'll do well. Some of Veral's used molds have sold for $100 or more for a 2 cavity specimen.

Personally, I like Lee as they the cheapest. I also like Ballisticast, because I think they are the bestest, but too spendy. The best compromise to me is Mountain molds.

One other thing, Veral is getting up to speed on the net, and I'm sure is a bit dismayed at all the feedback he is getting, good and bad. It may be hard for him to understand that the net allows him to correspond with many very experienced casters, something that I'm sure he didn't do before the net.

Merry Christmas!

Hopefully Santa fills your stockings with a mold or two, from whoever your favorite mold elf is

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"I have a general distaste for GB forums, due to sensorship, especially as it has been based on petty things. I haven't viewed any of the referenced threads, so am speaking from ignorance there" writes Paul.

Paul the posts of mine that got dumped on GB were done so by Veral Smith. This from Bill aka GB. I questioned some of Veral's claims and I think your correct, he did not like the instant interaction of the net.

I did have one follow-up posting on a ad I posted dumped by GB. I failed to state the price exactly and he noted that to me-- not dumping the origin posting. IMO the GB forums are a for-profit operation pure and simple. And like alot of capitalistic opertations the actual product produced isn't really given much priority.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote