Find
Notify
Tools

Who's cast bullets are you using?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted
I just bought some Oregon Trail laser cast bullets. Anyome using these? I have used A-Zone bullets with good luck before. What commercial cast bullets have you guys tried with good results?

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm using my cast bullets Crimp..

Sometimes with good luck too. I've never used those lazer cast, but they look pretty good.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Wayne Doudna bullets: <wdoudna@hotmail.com>

He uses regular Lyman and RCBS mouds which cast bullets good for 100 yard accuracy, not 25 yard accuracy like most factory casts meant for Cowboy Action. He'll also sell them as-cast with no lube or gas check.

Posts: 108 | Location: Northcentral Louisiana | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have only bought one box of cast bullets. A 50 pack or 45 caliber slugs that weighed in at 360 grains from Cast Performance. I bought those while I was waiting for my mould from Dan at Mountain Molds.
OH, almost forgot I bought some 45 acp, and 9 mm cast bullets from Valiant bullets in AL.

Other than that I cast my own.

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to Leadheads and use them for most of the bullets I don't cast myself.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few of Oregon Trail bullets for my pistols (9mm and 45acp) and revolvers in 38/357 and 44 & 30/30 rifles. I like mine just fine. I can shoot the hard cast bullets at jkt velocites without leading the barrel very much. I put my own gas checks on my 30/30 170grn cast bullets with the Lee sizing die and they do well also. I cast my own rifle bullets now and try to make those hard enough for 2000-2100fps velocites with gas checks. I have always loved to shoot lead bullets in my guns and also have a bunch of the swaged 38 and 44 bullets made by Speer or Hornady for plinking loads and these are accurate and cheap. BM

Bill

Posts: 128 | Location: Hensley, AR | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote