New
Find
Notify
Tools

.512 525grn Gas check mould wanted
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know where I could buy a .512 525grn flat nose for gas check mould or get one made?

Also I would need gas checks for the bullets as well.

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I have the Lee 500gn 512 mold. It isn't gaschecked. I cast some for a guy with a 500NE double and he said that they shot pretty well. I also cast him some from a Saeco 650gn mold, plainbase as well, and he said they didn't shoot well at all.
If you can't find a factory offering, just go to www.mountainmolds.com and he can make just about anything you could want and the price is real reasonable. He made a 500gn mold for my 470NE and they shoot real good.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
416SW,

You might try the ammo dump. Their address is Australia also. Finding a source for 50 cal gas checks my be a problem....Geo

web page

Posts: 57 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lar

Goerge have already emailed ammodump their reply "CBE no longer bother to import the .50 gaschecks � I�ll amend my website. I can only supply what we have cutters for � unless your prepared to pay the cost of a cutter which is $195.00 It�s not worth our while to introduce a new design just for a one-off!"
unsure if he means bullet mold or gc think he means bullet mould so at that price I would rather buy a mould and make my own.

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
50 cal checks available from Bullet Swaging Supply ph 318 387-7257 fax (318) 325-7034, no web site.

Posts: 97 | Location: Pocatello, ID | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote