New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had a problem today
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I spent two days making another .44 LBT style mold. I cast up a few, seated gas checks and lubed with Felix. I loaded 12 and ran down to my range. At 50 yds I had a beautiful round 5 shot group of 1" and the 6th shot made one hole larger to open it to 1-1/4". However I was a little high right so I clicked the Bushnell red dot left and down. I shot the last six at 75 yds, 2 at a time. I was able to get the windage right on but after a bunch of down clicks, I was still hitting the same elevation. Each 2 shots were in an inch.
When I got back to my bench and was wiping the Blackhawk down I noticed the scope was not straight. The rear tube had more space at the bottom where it screws into the turret. I removed it and unscrewed the tube to find it was crossthreaded. I don't know if it was from recoil or whether it was not put together right from the start. I managed to pick up the right threads and epoxyed it back in. I checked the ring alignment and put it back on. Now I have to sight it in again. It is amazing I shot the groups I did. Guess I have to buy some good scopes.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote