New
Find
Notify
Tools

casting set-up design
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have a good design for a casting area? I would like to set up a corner of the garage for my lead pot. I would like to keep it small. Something with a light and an exhaust fan and maybe sheet metal sides to keep everything contained. Anyone have pics or ideas they care to share? In the past I've always just rigged up an area. I would like to set up something small but permanent.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would just use a small bench and forget the sheet metal sides. They will concentrate the fumes and heat and make you sweat.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just put a table together using landscape timbers and 3/4" plywood for a top. Made it tall enough to stand in front of, and I drop the bullets onto folded towels or old T-shirts. Works well for me, but I only cast for a couple hours at a time. (Bad back won't let me do it all day.) And we typically have a south wind where I live, so I open the garage door and the walk-thru door on the north end to get air flow.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote