Find
Notify
Tools

12 Bore paradox enough for Sable
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents,

I really appreciate all of the input regarding myearlier post. I'm getting my H&H Paradox hammer ejector up and running.

I have a trip booked this year for a Sable...Think the Paradox 12 bore affords enough horsepower to down a sable???

Thoughts,

JW

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, but I would limit the shot(s) to under 100 yards. Good hunting!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Practice, practice, and practice some more shooting at different distances up to your maximum range. Also practice in bright sunshine, in cloudy weather and in deep shade. Practice using the regular front sight and the night sight (white dot- possible ivory on the flip up front sight post). Use the different rear sights (flip up) to see how it effects bullet impact at the longer distances. Practice shooting off hand and using stand up shooting sticks.
If you do this, you will be better prepared for that important shot. Good luck!
Jim

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
Have you shot your paradox or settled on a load?
Roger Lakes book on the Holland paradox is now available. Perhaps there will be something of interest in it for you. 12 years researched it should be quite a read for anyone interested in doublegun history.

PARADOX - The story of Col. G.V. Fosbery, Holland & Holland and the Paradox. They have a website: paradox-horsley.com that has all of the ordering information and a few pages of the book. However, the basic ordering information is: Price: $90 plus $5 s/h. (Calif. residents add $8.66, sorry). Please send check or money order to: Roger Lake, 10500 Morgan Territory Rd. Livermore, CA, 94551. (International orders please contact Roger at morgandhc@aol.com). - Roger