THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Cast Bullets    Is there a foundry in Colorado, Utah, Nebraska, or Kansas?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a foundry in Colorado, Utah, Nebraska, or Kansas?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there a foundry in Colorado, Utah, Nebraska, or Kansas? I would like to pick a couple thousand pounds of pure lead and a couple hundred pounds of tin as cheaply as possible.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3287 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't answer your question directly, but I can tell you that tin typically goes for about $7 per lb, and pure lead can be high, too. If you are going to alloy for BPCR or similar, you might be better off just buying the alloy... Either way you are going to spend a LOT of money.

JMHO...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you are looking for "smelter" rather than a foundry. There used to be one in Omaha, NE, but it was forced out of business by the EPA. There is no other one in Nebraska.

There are a couple of foundrys in Nebraska. They only make steel from scrap steel, though. No lead.

Posts: 212 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
You might try calling Magma Engineering in Chandler, AZ. Last time I visited he had a list of smelters in AZ, and may be able to help in other states. He manufactures and sells the production casting equipment used by many of the commercial bullet casters.....

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 309 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are willing to go to Arizona, try SeaFab.com

WHUT?

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Call Denver Bullets (303) 893-3146 and they can give you the name of the foundries in Denver. I think one is Atlas Metals (303) 623-0143.

Posts: 11 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 27 January 2005Reply With Quote