New
Find
Notify
Tools

Making bullet moulds
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know of a good source of information on making cherries and cutting moulds?

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to the Cast Bullet Association's website. Do a search. Look under their listing of articles from the "Fouling Shot". There is an excellent article on making your own mould. If you can't find it, let me know and i'll attach a link to this.

[ 05-03-2003, 21:50: Message edited by: Max503 ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Max.

That was exactly what I was looking for. I learned a lot on the first reading and expect to read it several more times.

My initial reaction was that the place to start is recutting existing moulds.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tried, www.castbulletassociation.com, and nothing came up.

Posts: 915 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try doing a search - cast bullet association.
They are a good outfit to join up with. For $25/year you get 6 issues of their publication. It has many good articles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just finished talking to Ron at the Cast Bullet Association. What a nice person he is! Anyway he enlightened me on probably what I have been doing wrong with the crazing or checking on the end of my .458 cal 500 grains bullets. Now to go and see if I can get it right. Thanks for the lead. [Smile] Later, Mike

Posts: 915 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote