New
Find
Notify
Tools

Money shoot
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We are working to finalize venue for the first "Starmetal Stakes(Open)".settled matters are: $5000 to enter by 2/01/10...$1000 to sustain by 4/01/10, $500 on date of shoot..Rifles,limited in weight(with telescopic sight)to the weight of the "secret rifle" as shown in post #106"of the "military rifles:You were right about the 6.5". Scopes limited to 10X maximum.Barrel Groove diameter 0.264 or larger. 20 shots for score @ 600 yds...90% of stakes $ to winner,7 % to 2second, 3 % to 3rd. 75% of pari-mutuel pool distributed to first 5 places,(55% of the pool to winner-------3% to 5th) Preferred site,a State with legal paru-Mutuel wagering,15 to 20 shoooting stations available,and within 200 miles of Unicoi county, Tn.. addendum: from the bench, bags only,no machine rests".Sponserships available,contact author.. Idabull

Posts: 142 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
killpc lol

Posts: 4982 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you're kidding me, right? Right?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So if I read this right....total to enter is 6500 bucks? Okay...............let us know how this works out for you.............

Posts: 1648 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm primarily interested in what percentage of the cost is "Administrative Overhead" expenses...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For those posters who seem to have a problem with "ciphering" --"administrative overhead" is contained within the 25 % of the pari-mutuel pool that is NOT paid out to the top five finishers.. all entry $ is paid out to the top three shooters.. pretty much identical to the way stakes horse races have been (and are)run for years...Perhaps horsemen are a tad more willing to back up their talk with $ than some self-anointed internet riflemen ??? Idabull

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps horsemen get the subsidized tracks to run on, and arab dudes to pay the big bucks for the horses too.

Let me try and figure this out again. I know I have to have missed something somewhere in the fine print.

You are putting on a shoot based on the same basic entry fees as the Kentucky Derby.

You want people to show up and bet money on shooters they may or may not have ever heard of.

You do not have a location picked out yet, because you haven't found a state where you can run a little calcutta on the side to pay yourself out of without going to jail.

Am I close?

Two questions:

1. Has anyone shelled out the $$$ for this dog & pony show yet?
2. Would you be the promoter and person wanting that 25%?

I just, for the life of me, cannot make sense of this.

By the way, most of us spend that kind of money, plus a little more, to go to Africa big game hunting. One more thing; Puleeze, tell me you aren't from Idaho?

Rich

PS: let me know when David Tubbs or Lones Wiggers signs up.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharpshooter...Where to start ???. Sounds mostly like you have a huge problem with anyone making a $..But here goes: If someone wants to come watch and wager,they are welcome..If only one person shows and wager $10, the promoter gets $ 2.50 for whatever they may or may not have put in..Doubt if that will quite cover range rental or pari-mutual equipment, but omigosh that sounds like business risk.Do you know anything about that concept ??? If you really think the proposed entry fees are the same as the Kentucky Derby, i suggest you know about as much about horse racing as you know about business risk..If it won't work anywhere in the U.S, it can be taken elsewhwere, just as the high dollar flyer shoots are..Do you have a problem with those, too ?? Your chances of finding out who has entered prior to entries closing are the same as the chances that most of the cast bullet rifle shooting legends of the internet will risk showing up..for the majority of those egos,the risk is not David Tubb or Lones Wigger,,It's watching Sherri Gallagher put it to them ,just as the results of the recent NRA high power long range matches at Camp Perry..Save your $ for another hunt behind the wire...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the KD reference is to the cost to enter VS the purse. Since you know so much about the shooting game, I would ask you what your business model is based on. I admire legitimate business enterprises and wish them all well. I checked the Cast Bullet Assn records, couldn't find this woman you are touting anywhere.

Are you going to be bonded or incorporated or anything in a legitimate sense? I will be very interested in following your progress. Got a website up yet where we can follow it, or is AR the sole location of your ad budget and efforts to date?

I really would like to see this happen. It should prove fascinating...

regards,

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know whether or not Sherri G. has ever fired a cast bullet..BUT,her mother is Nancy Gallagher-Tompkins, Sis is Michelle G. and step-Dad is "Mid"Tompkins..Some of the families achievements in long range rifle matches can be reviewed on the NRA website for Camp Perry matches...One might "guess" that some of that skill might be transferable to Cast bullets..Not reasonable to expect all 4 to put up entry $ to compete for the $ mentioned,but the risk that one might is likely sufficient to deter many of the internet cast bullet chestbeaters..hopefully there will be enough,although it will be interesting to observe all the "reasons" that surface as to why ''so&so"' just can't make it. The mention of "calcutta's"(by Id.Sharpshooter) indicates some familiarity with the game of golf..That's a game where the vast majority of young lions entering the PGA or lesser tours have 'sponser's"to lay off the financial requirements on,in return for a share of winnings,with or without in
terest or repayment required.. Some potential entrants for this match might consider pursuing that option.. idabull

One of Us
posted Hide Post
so why are you so jealous of the cast bullet rifle shooters?

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
I.S. : a Psychologist ?? or just playing at it on the internet ?? Trying to promote a cast bullet money shoot indicative of jealousy ,TELL us More,please ...The CBA has held plenty of competitive cast bullet shooting events,none of which ever seem to be shot by any of the legends of the internet boards, so why not try soemething different?? The chance for profit thing still seems to stick in your craw,So why not hustle up your own venue with anything received above net overhead expenses donated to the Obama administration----- their "leader" has a similar view of profit to yours ..,You might add a requirement that your entrants have to cast their own bullets onsite at the match( as the FreeTrappers do).. We rejected that as too much added cost for sponsers and shooters,so go ahead and buy some bullets if needed... Idabull

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew it! You are a member of the "Flea Trappers"; aka the "If they'da had it they'da used it" gang. That explains everything.

There is a difference between free enterprise, and what looks more like a scam. Besides, people here try not to pay much attention to anyone who doesn't know where he lives, or chooses to hide it for some reason or other.
Your post name is pretty good though.

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
I.S.-- nothing substantive left,eh..so back to weak attempts at personal insults...I thought that somewhere in your nearly 7,000 posts here that you had mentioned shooting competitively a time or three..Now you look more and more like the self-anointed spokeman for the "what there is no substitute for is a keyboard and no witnesses" cadre of internet riflemen.. Let's try this..we know that NRA Highpower won't do because of THE LEATHER, you have been a no show at any CBA match of record,and The "freetrappers" are an object of your scorn..SO, tell us your preference for a cast bullets stakes match, the maximum stake you are willing to venture,and how far you are willing to travel one way. "None" is a answer ,of course,and we already have wagers on that being your choice,--If not we will get going on putting together "Your" match..BTW, for your info.,Joe Conforte had neither a website,or any advertising budget,to attract flyer shooters to his high stakes flyer matches from The Mustang Ranch...say anything to you about the diff.between those shotgunners and todays keyboard riflemen ?? Idabull

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only real cast bullet matches show case both the accuracy of the rifle and the skill of the shooter. Those would be BPCRS and Schuetzen. If you had read Precision Shooting back in the 90's you might have seen my series on Schuetzen, or some of the hundred or so other articles on long range live varmint shooting. If you read the Single Shot Exchange the past couple years you might have seen my article on shooting the Quigley, or some reviews I have written.

NRA Highpower requires a 30lb suit of leather armor, any shooting discipline that is that far out of touch with reality is not for me. I saw a guy get a hernia trying to do a squat once.

The flea trappers have been pretty much a universal source of amusement for the last twenty-five years or so. I think it was letting two guys shoot their "championship match" wearing polyester and packing their gear in Spiderman lunchboxes suspended from one shoulder with bungee cords that did it for most people.

I do want to hear where your match takes place, since you know the Mustang Ranch so well; that might be a good place to put it on. You want to impress me, post where you finished in the CBA Championship match this year. The latest Fouling Shot doesn't show any Idabull.
Idabullshitter is more like it. I choose to spend my discretionary income hunting in Africa.

chat with you later anonymous Idabullshitter...

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
I.S.. looks like "none" would be the short version answer in your latest post..So we will will pay off to those who bet that way...I guess those who actually shot the Offhand matches at the CBA nationals are duly chastened ,too. Since neither black powder,nor Schuetzen style rifles were required,those matches weren't "real cast bullet matches showcasing both the accuracy of the rifle and the skill of the shooter...better luck next year ,guys and gals.... Idabull

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you're such a slug...

How's that International Match you're putting on doing? That's what you need to focus on, not wasting time with me.

regards,

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
I.S.. quite the bush league trashtalker, eh ...I see where you have anointed yourself as a top 10%'er in the world of bemch&rest riflemen. With you opting out of our shoot,perhaps some of those on the fence may decide they have a chance after all..most guys/gals reading the internet cast bullet boards are likely just as interested in who among those legendary riflemen of the internet will be no shows as in who might prevail..We will set aside a portion of those outrageous profits to make certain that the no shows are adequately publicized.."what there is no substitute for is a keyboard and no witnesses"... idabull

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
you talk a lot of shit for someone who's too embarrassed to post a name and location, or references. Probably with good reason.

Nobody knows who you really are, likely nobody cares.

I still haven't found any reference to your Gonzo Rifle Match, is it made up, like your name?

Me, everybody knows who I am, and what I've accomplished. The records are there to look at in Super Shoot, Schuetzen, and Bench Rest.

You still haven't answered my invitation to come over and shoot my 550 Gibbs. Whats the problem, no balls?

regards,

Rich
4-bore shooter

one of us
posted Hide Post
I.S...Still got a mouthful of trash,eh?? There are better examples from the crowd of 15 yr. olds on most any street corner in E.St.Louis or So.Philly..Next time you go see your "beloved Cardinals" at home talk a drive across the river,listen to the drivel,and hone up your trashtalking skills..Nothing wrong with that team though,one of the first few MLB games I saw was when the Cards made their first west coast road trip.. Crowd all standing every time Mr.Musial came to bat. and that reminds of what Carl Erskine said about pitching to him--"I've has pretty good success with Stan by throwing him my best pitch and backing up third base. I'm guessing the Cards will not go out 4/0 as in '04... Idabull

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You keep dodging the legitimate questions about this supposed match of yours.

Who is running it" Real name and address

Who's entered? Real name

Who the ---- are you and what country are you in?

This game we are playing is entertaining, but you didn't bring any credibility with your anonymous approach. You have less now, which makes me think you work or used to for the fedguv. Deficit character building like a demo politician. Either that, or you are just some vacuous troll with an eighth-grade education screwing off on your breaks at Wal-Mart.

Rich
been there, done that

one of us
posted Hide Post
I.S. :: yout self labeled "legitimate" ?'s and appended answers" # 1:Whose runnig it ,real name & address... those with a need to know( $) will know in time to deposit $ before entry deadline..#2;Whose entered..answered previously,now suggest you use that extensive group of contacts you boast of to find a stakes match in any discipline where potential entrants get info as to yea/nay on competitors,or # thereof, before funds are on deposit....#3..who the . ..are you ,and what country are you in?---for your purposes a choice is offered..Bob in Bavaria,or Tina Sue in Timbukto...enuff entertainment there,hotshot..??

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guya(&gals): There is no groundbreaking idea,or anything patentable in what we are proposing here..Probably anyone with a 20th century high school diploma could dupe it in 10 minutes of solid thinking time away fram a keyboard,,,Thus if interested feel free to have at it any place of your choice..Should you get hung up at any detail,contact us,and if your plan does not impact on own goals for the future,we can share some of our contact info..It seems like "SW Idaho"might be a poor choice for a location,though, if most riflemen there share the viewpoint of our antagonist on this thread..Way up north (Idaho Panhandle)there some business men with cast bullet interests who might be of aid if contacted..at least one of them is a well known contempory rifleman..Iabull

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It makes sense now. The way up north crew, is that the remnants of the Aryan Nation?

Yeah, wouldn't make much sense in the SW, there are only three 1000 yd ranges available within an hour drive.

I'm comfortable with the Tina Sue moniker. Can I call you that now?

"contact us..." Yeah, right! On your website?
Corporate HQ? The Crossroads at midnight (that was for your Robert Johnson fans)?

This is so much fun. It's like you're a Pinata swinging in the breeze and I got a Louisville Slugger and no blindfold.

Ya gotta love this guy!

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
speaking for the s.e. corner here....
idabull you're killing us over here too.
hell, if rich had a shoot. i'd drive over just to meet him..
since most of us mere mortals either got burned out shooting itty bitty groups with flgc's/or shooting 100 straights for days on end to just shoot off for 50 bucks and another crappy trophy. and went to cast for a challenge and fun of some sort, i doubt you'd like the crowd showin up in ohio,,errr at the ranch.
the majority of them would have personalities and be friendly honest people.
probably with decent wifes and a dog that liked them.

Posts: 4982 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lamar: Before attempting to respond in fine detail,I need to know if: You would drive to sw Idaho if "rich" was putting on a shoot "just to meet him ". Would you shoot the match,if the entry $ was the same $ as ours ?? Or if the entry was nominal & prize money came from donations ? or just watch ? Our match attempts to deal with the burnouts from" "shooting little bitty groups with flgc"or "100 straights for days on end, just to shhot off for 50 bucks and another crappy trophy".On the rifle side only,because the flyer shoots offer ample oppurtunites for shotgunners..You might want to consider those shoots if you haven't participated yet..A couple decent years at that game would enable you not to ever have to work for wages again...Those who want to cast, cast & shoot,shoot other folks casting,etc, for "fun "are not at all what this thread is pointed toward.. Those who want to cast crap at those who shoot other than the posters chosen discipline(s)and still proclaim themselves promoters of the shooting sports might well take a more detailed look into their own motivations...For another example beyond that shown so far here, consider the bales of belittling remarks about the cowboy action shooters and their "limp-wristed loads" that have been posted by the big bore and hand cannon fans...Your comments about "crowd showin up in Ohio,err at the ranch."need some expansion,if comment was expected...idabull

one of us
posted Hide Post
I.S. : One wonders if Dave Gullo would ever stop laughing about your comment attempting to classify him with the remnants of the aryan nations !! Perhaps you would also care to share with your worldwide fans a comparison of your record at Quigley Vs. his ?? idabull

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I'll just give Dave a call in the morning and ask him. The $6500 entry fee is unique enough he should be able to tell me if he has ever heard of your or your scam...
Dave knows the Aryan Nation was up near him, only a moron like would not have read the papers or watched the news.

You're still a moron though.

regards,

Rich

I also invite anyone else who feels like we have a live one here to weigh in on either side.

one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
So, lemme get this straight - the match is 20 shots for record at 600 from the bench, 10x scope or smaller, .264 bore or larger and somehow the business men in N Idaho are interested in assisting with their cast bullet expertise.

Um, OK. Maybe I'm unfamiliar with such a gathering but I don't shoot BPCR or Scheutzen but I do hold High Master cards in other 600 yards or farther rifley-games. Further, I was for years the Highpower Director of the Missoula, MT 1,000 yard range and am still the Range Sec for that facility. The only other such ranges nearby are Butte, MT; Rexburg, ID and Rattlesnake over in WA. Tell me again what our local cadre and facility has to do with this goofy match (I won't even start on the money aspects) ??

If you're in TN, why not Oak Ridge?

Mark

"Greatness without Grace is mere Vanity" - Hank the Cowdog

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best way to deal with this Idabull/Onceabull joker is to put him on IGNORE. I don't think he even owns a gun, just a troll stirring the pot.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swheeler:
Best way to deal with this Idabull/Onceabull joker is to put him on IGNORE. I don't think he even owns a gun, just a troll stirring the pot.

I think you're giving him way too much credit. Notice that he posted this nonsense and then disappeared like a thief in the night.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
quote:
Originally posted by swheeler:

I think you're giving him way too much credit. Notice that he posted this nonsense and then disappeared like a thief in the night.

Agreed. I have him on Ignore on a couple forums, always same old BS of no value, just a sad person looking for strife.