New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mould/handle compatibility
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'd really like to see somebody who knows put an article on castpics explaining which moulds are compatible with -- or adaptable to -- which handles. I adapted a Lyman 2-cavity handle to an RCBS 2-cavity mould by shimming with small washers. As I recall, I had to grind a flat on one edge of the washers.

Posts: 40 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fourarmed:
I'd really like to see somebody who knows put an article on castpics explaining which moulds are compatible with -- or adaptable to -- which handles. I adapted a Lyman 2-cavity handle to an RCBS 2-cavity mould by shimming with small washers. As I recall, I had to grind a flat on one edge of the washers.

Simple and effective method of fitting an undersized handle blade to a block set is mounting that handle, shimming those blocks to one side and then pouring that recess with hot alloy. Makes a nice custom fit and saves wear on the adjoining mating surfaces. I do this all the time with a Lachmiller handle and a Lee used on an LBT mold- which is cut for RCBS handles.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote