Find
Notify
Tools

Are You Shooting Lee 44 310 GC
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
Anyone out there shooting this bullet out of a revolver?

Accuracy?

Velocity?

Hunting results . . . .

Yeah . . . Yeah . . . . Yeah, I know one does not need that heavy of a bullet for deer, but my S. Redhawk LOVES 300 grain condom bullets. Never know, I may want to go after something a mite bigger one day!

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TC, yes I use that bullet and interchange with the LBT 320. Same accuracy and same point of impact. I don't remember the velocity. My load is the magic number-- 21.5 grs. of 296, Fed 150 primers and Felix lube. I shot quite a few deer with these boolits and they are both effective. You won't be sorry with it.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
It's been several years, but as I recall, my 4 5/8" SBH would push them 1200 fps over 22 gr H-110, and they would group 2" or less @ 25 yds. From ww's, the finished weight was right around 320 gr.

I've never had a problem with how Lee molds cast, or how the bullets shoot. Just wish they had a few more choices, as you just can't beat their price.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TCLouis,
I know you asked about a Lee bullet, but I am shooting the Lyman 429650 which weighs in at around 315 grains so it might be similar to the Lee bullet. I am shooting it from a 9.5� SRH using H-110 and WC-820 (#9 burn rate). 19.5 grains of H-110 gives a velocity of 1258 fps and 15 grains of the WC-820 is giving similar velocities. Both are very accurate at 100 yards, but the H-110 probably has the edge. Two to three inch groups are the norm. At 50 yards, most groups will stay at 1.25� or less. The handgun is topped with a 7x Burris 'scope. Recoil is noticeable. Good-luck�BCB

Posts: 212 | Location: WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TCLouis,
I use the same boolit. I shoot out of a SBH. Powders include Unique,2400, WC820. Speeds range from 990 - 1300 fps. Water quenched ww - straight lead. I haven't found the exact load that my SBH likes as in super accurate but I am still working with it. I even used it in my muzzle loader this year, (soft lead in a sabot).

Posts: 36 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote