New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burn rate chart
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yesterday I down loaded a powder burn chart from Vihtavuori site. I now have 3 lists, the first has 100, the second has 103, and this one has 110. The big difference I saw was what seemed like alot of rearrangement of powders. I'm guessing this is due to powders being discontinued and speed changes due to new manufacturing. I make a paralell list of surplus powders along side of these lists, this helps when trying new powders and loads. ohshooter

Posts: 36 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Yes, the rearrangement of powders between the various lists is indeed a good thing because it lets us know how some powders are almost the same in application. Drawing lines across the charts for powder GROUPINGS is the key to understanding a specific speed that might be required for any one application. Where to draw the lines is somewhat critical, however, and that only comes with experience in knowing how that group has responded in the past. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here's a different chart I ran across a few months back. Its a true chart as opposed to a list. I'd like your opinions about it.

http://gunlinks.zibycom.com/members/002245268/Site2/burnrate.html

Thanks

one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Now, that's a step into the right direction! ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote