New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 Cal.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have a friend that needs to slug a .22 rim fire barrel. Smallest round ball I have is 45 Cal. Any ideas? Smoker

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pull the slug off a .22 short. sundog

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoulda knowed that. Suppose he could upset it a bit to get a better compliance with the rifling. I'll tell him,thanks Sundog. Smoker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just tapping the cleaning rod will upset it as it passes through the bore.

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably will. I don't know of a soul that would cast a all lead .22 cal. bullet. I'm sure one cast from ww would be too hard. Phil

one of us
posted Hide Post
The lead in the .22 probably isn't too awfully far from wheelweights in composition, but swaging lead/antimony alloys work-softens them.

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mr. Not. Passin all this info on to my buddy....course he's like me, getting old and slow. Phil

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you have trouble w/ the .22, and I know no reason why you should, a #4 buck will work.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all. He used Sundog's idea and it worked fine. Phil