THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Occasionally everything just comes together!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got a package in the mail today. It was a pair of 230 grain BD ACP molds cut in the Magma mold style blocks, fresh from Mountain Molds. Just so happens that I have a "new", (used), Magma Master Caster which I'd put together two nights ago.
The BD ACP molds were just the incentive I needed to wire on a plug or two and jury-rig that machine together for a trial run. As it's a 220 V pot with a pair of 100 fans I rigged a plug to fit my radial arm saw outlet and other one for 110, screwed the rig to the saw table and piled the pot full of ingots. While it was heating up I had a nice dinner and set one of the new molds up for the machine. No fuses blew and it was only drawing 7 amps so I pinned in the mold and started casting bullets. I got good ones in about 10 casts and then I had to find a couple of paint cans to catch bullets and sprues. Once things were hot I timed the process. It takes 5 minutes to cast 100 bullets using this rig and all of the bullets from the timed run were usable. All told I've got about 500 good bullets from an hour of dicking around, including setting up the rigging. I'm smilin' tonite! I do need to figure a better bullet drop arangement though, the hot bullets are denting each other dropping into the can. Maybe they need a little ramp to roll down so they can cool a bit before they hit the can. BD

Posts: 163 | Location: Greenville, Maine | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BD, let's see, Greenville, Maine, October, should be freezing or almost by now. Just open the door and let the little jewels freeze on there way out of the moulds.... Actually, glad to hear its working for you!

Looking forward to getting the Lee BD45s delivered. sundog

btw, is Neely and Snow still in Millinockett? or is it Greenville? Only about 40 years since I went in there with my Dad. He knew all about their stuff - I was just a wanna be pup.

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote