New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&G #68
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've noted that the H&G #68 200gr SWC is popular with .45ACP shooters and would like to try it. I'm not a bullet caster so if someone can give me a source to order from I'd be grateful.

Bud W

posted Hide Post
Hensley and Gibbs has been out of business for some years. Ballisticast bought the rights to their designs and a commercial caster using their mould 668 would be as close as you could get.
Many commercial casters use Magma equipment and they make a close copy.

The Laser Cast 200 gr SWC is one of many from one or the other outfit.
http://www.laser-cast.com/45Cal.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim... I'll give Laser-Cast a try

Bud W

one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud W:
I've noted that the H&G #68 200gr SWC is popular with .45ACP shooters and would like to try it. I'm not a bullet caster so if someone can give me a source to order from I'd be grateful.

Bud W
Pennbullets link Try a 200gr Bevel Base.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The SAECO #068 is a very close copy, but has a bevel base. Shoots very well in my 1911s. From what I understand, the SAECO #069 is a flat base close copy of the H&G #68.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
frank at mt baldy bullets cast it too.http://www.mtbaldybullets.com/

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When Ballisti-Cast bought the H&G tooling, Wayne Gibbs wanted the moulds from the two companies to be different. In the H&G world, the serial number on the block was the invoice number. Ballisti-Cast doesn't do that. Also Ballisti-Cast added 600 to all H&G mould numbers. So H&G 390-5 became Ballisti-Cast 990-5. I've owned a lot of H&G moulds. Ballisti-Cast moulds are every bit as well made.

Posts: 116 | Location: flagstaff, arizona | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With Quote