New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 more special order molds?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi All! Yes, I know. We haven't got the 45 PP, the standard 30 or even ordered the fat 30 yet....but...I was just thinking ( dangerous, isn't it?)....
I would like to see 2 more molds designed/thought out/refined/etc.

The first is a 45/70 tumble lube of around 250 grains. I would like to see a rounded flat nose that casts .460. Strictly a plinker with second duty as defense gun against enraged bunny rabbits.

The second is an 8mm plinker. Maybe a larger version of our standard 30 plinker? maybe .325 or .326 as cast of WW? I have no need of a bullet designed for full power. I just want a fun 'playtime' bullet. Tumble lube but very accurate.

I see no use to get very excited UNTIL we throughly thrash out our 30 tumble lube plinker to see what is good & what is not. If that one won't shoot.....

Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Collar button bullet??? Lyman 457130 at 145 gr.or how about lyman 457191 292gr. That I read Kieth used to blow up a black powder colt 45. I'm game depending on what you come up with. Collar button bullet here.. http://www.castpics.net/RandD/Lyman_moulds/lyman27.htm

Posts: 112 | Location: Bonetown,South Dakota | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote