New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please, forgive me,..................
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I understand this board is dedicated to CBs, but all the brains are over here.
I'm just before buying a bolt action .223 . Anybody got any starting points for using WC820 in this caliber? I'm hoping I can generate a load that's roughly equivalant to a .22LR.

'Preciate it,
Punch

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Puncher, use 4756 powder for those light loads. It has proven to be one of the best all around in the 22 bore when making a low report with low velocity. Use 6.0-6.5 grains using pistol primers. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Puncher--I just made a post on the reloading board--about whether to use magnum primers or not in a .223. Lyman says use them. Felix said to use pistol primers and I'm sure he is correct in light cast loads. If using jacketed--I'd use the magnums--read the full post on the reloading board and you'll know why.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I asked to be forgiven for coming to the CB board for info on "J" bullet loads. Now I have to ask forgiveness for not thinking.
It occurred to me a few minutes ago that I still have the load data from Castpics on my favorites. There it is, data for WC820.
Sometimes I think I have no more brains than a tobacco beatle.

Punch

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote