New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Heavy cast bullet molds
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
Can't comment on the 41's, but in the 44, I shot a passle of Lee 310 gr rf's, and they worked as well as any. In 45, the Lee 300 is an option, and my buddies shot a bunch of the RCBS 300gr swc from his 45's and 454's, and it shoots quite well.

If you want heavier, you might want to look up mountain mold.

I did modify a Lee 240 gr gc 44 mold, to make a 330 gr WFN type bullet, and it shot quite well.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all, gentlemen. I shall pick up a couple of the Lee molds (I know a guy in town who thinks he has some) and will check out the ebay site for the NEI molds. Thanks again. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan: If you use e-Bay, check out the NEI moulds frequently listed by seller 63jf. They often list both single and multiple cavity moulds, mostly high quality aluminum and some iron. These are excellent moulds and nice people to deal with. I have been getting some great deals in heavy weight bullet, multiple cavity moulds in the calibers you listed, primarily for rifles. Occasionally, a few other sellers list NEI moulds too. If you don't use e-Bay, check them out at neihandtools.com. But my experience is you can save a lot by watching e-Bay for these and other moulds such as Lyman/Ideal.

Phil S.

Posts: 28 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2004Reply With Quote