New
Find
Notify
Tools

experience with Lee pro 1000
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi All! I have ordered a Lee pro 1000 in .38 special ( you know- progressive, bullet feed, case feed and case collater) Yes, I have an older Dillon (550- no quick change setup)now that you ask..... oh ya, to the point...Do any of you use this and do you like it. Does the bullet feed work? i am fairly mechanical minded ( I have to understand something- and it is certainly NOT women!) and hope to make this work ok. I hope to hear everyone's opinions on this. ( Quick Scottie- raise the shields- ) Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of these. Watch every part of everything that happens (remember, Murphy was an optimist.) Watch the primers feed and feel the primer seat all the way. Set up a light so you can check every charge (powder hopper run out or shut off? chain broken?) Watch the bullet feed fingers so they don't get mangled if not completely extended and spread when between the seat die and shell plate. Don't load the bullet feeder until there is a charged case ready for a bullet. Clear finished rounds out of the way so they don't pile up and get smooshed. Etc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Had one, hated it, wound up converting it to a simple turret press.

That primer feed system is a danger to life and limb and changing calibers is a major PITA. The AutoDisk powder measure is untrustworthy, too, although the Pro version of the powder measure is pretty good.

Your best bet would be to size, decap, and prime on another press and to use the Pro 1000 solely to charge and seat.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my mother allways said if you have nothing good to say dont say anything!

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

my mother allways said if you have nothing good to say dont say anything!

Your mother also said, "You're gonna put your eye out with that thing, son."

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not had a Pro 1000 but do have a Loadmaster. I choose it over the Pro 1000 because it was built stronger.Yes you need to be mechanicaly inclined and yes you have to watch every thing going on. But its worth what you pay for it and I've loaded over 20K rounds on mine so far. You may want to consider changing to a Loadmaster or a Dillion Square Deal.

Posts: 36 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Dillion Square deal works great.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote