Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone make slugs for 470 NE?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

Am looking for small quantities of cast projectiles made with buyable molds for the 470 NE to see if they will regulate in my rifle before buying a mold.

Have located a commercial source for bullets made from NEI and RCBS molds.

Anyone make slugs from Mountain Molds moulds? Am looking for something in the range of 500 grains.

Would like to buy about 25 from this kind of mould other likely candidates. Suggestions are welcome!

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I cast a 460 gr from a ballisticast mold. It's a tad lighter then the std 480 gr for the 470, but it might be worth trying.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Are you a commercial caster? Folks with Ballisticast gear usually are.

Who makes molds for them these days?

How about dropping me an e-mail if you'll sell me a small number of projectiles (25 to 50).

thanks,

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
Hi, if it is cheaper on you for shipping i have some 460gr LFNGC and 500gr LFNGC ,they are the same as Paul H

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
475/480,

Thanks! Will contact you by e-mail.

Paul ... Thank you very much, but it really doesn't make a lot of sense to subsidize UPS any more than necessary.

Thanks All!