THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's these Ideal molds worth...........?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have 2 Ideal molds...,

ones an Elmer Keith #429 421 hollow point

ones a #358 439 hollow point that looks just like the Elmer, but I don't know what grain it is.

They both are in very good condition, and have the handles attached.

any ideas on what they're worth?

one of us
posted Hide Post
marlinlover,
Depends on who wants them. They usually go for over $50 on ebay. Sometimes a little less. I see them at gunshows locally in the $45-$55 price range. The 439 goes about 168-172 grs depending on alloy. Mark

Posts: 210 | Location: Willamette Valley | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a lot of money for a used mold seeing you can get a new one with handles for a little over $60. Once you have handles the molds are only $39. I have bought Lyman blocks for $10.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Marlinlover..Thse discontinued Lyman HP moulds are very strong on the used market. I would expect each one with handles to go for $60-$80 on ebay. I would not pay that much for one, but there are plenty of people who will.

Posts: 263 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sounds like a sports convention where the fisherman interviews the sharks.

Posts: 288 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And WE know who some of the sharks are. Right Jumptrap?

Posts: 210 | Location: Willamette Valley | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There was a 358439 that sold on eBay for $76 in the last 10 days. That was without handles. I think $50-60 would be about normal for that mould without handles.

Posts: 17 | Location: SE Ohio | Registered: 23 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Marlin Lover, those old decrepit obsolete Ideal molds are dangerous to use, and might contain highly toxic chemical residues. Send them to me as soon as possible to avoid further health risks.

Regards from Nevada duke.

Posts: 41 | Location: reno nv | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OM,

I've got a short list of some I know.

Posts: 288 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote