New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: shot a few 30 TL bullets today
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mine got here Monday. Got some cast and lubed last night and got in a little shooting today. Mighty little because it was trying to sprinkle off and on all afternoon. Had a false start with XMP-5744.

I'm shooting a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 with groove right at .311 so I'm shooting these as cast and tumble lubed. With dark closing in, I got off two five shot groups with 7.0 grains of WC 820(f). They came in at 1.0" and 1.25 at 50 yards. I can live with that if I have to with bullets I can crank out by the thousand and a thousand shots to the pound of surplus powder.

Don't think I'll have to, though. There's some room for refinement in there and other powders to try. What's clear is that we're talking .22lr velocities here. The range between 1000 and 1400 fps is the place to be working.

Here's some great info for you .30-30 guys, http://www.gmdr.com/lever/lowveldata.htm
He was shooting 170s but that's close enough. It's even close enough for my 7.62x39 if I adjust down a grain or two to allow for the smaller case.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
Hey Leftoverdj,
Did you use anything over the WC 820--filler??I have plenty of WC 820 to use.
Thanks Sean

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote