Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman, Lee, RCBS (and others) Service
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks -

I've suggested a couple of things on another board wherein I'm a moderator. We're beginning to see some GOOD results from them, so I'll pass them on here and on another board or two.

One: When we deal with a vendor of products we mention that we either saw their advertizement on the board or invite the vendor to advertize there to support activity that supports the vendor's business.

Two: When we deal with an issue of quality and customer service (ring a bell?) we mention the threads discussing their company's service - good or bad.

WE have the power to positively influence the relationships between manufacturers and our hosts on these forums! All it takes is being VOCAL.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim,
Excellent strategy and advice, I've found that complaints are best accompanied with a bit of praise and humour.
Cheers,
R*2

Posts: 129 | Location: NorthEast | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is also very important, when you get GOOD service, to contact the party involved (or his/her supervisor) with a hearty "thank you!" My wife and I do this often, and are surprised how many people call or write back with: "No-one has ever thanked me before!"

We are currently collating donations from a recent fund-raising cammpaign for our local Volunteer Fire Department, and my wife (Bev) and others take the time to send HANDWRITTEN "Thank You!" notes to EACH contributor, large or small. We can raise as much as $30K from a local Fire District population of about 4,000 once every 2-3 years. Same thing: we have gotten another couple thousand in repeat donations from people who have never before been thanked "in person".

A "Thank You" really pays off!

floodgate

one of us
posted Hide Post
And, while I'm at it:

THANK YOU, SAEED!!

floodgate

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

And, while I'm at it:

THANK YOU, SAEED!!

floodgate

Indeed! Thanx!

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes! thanks to all who make this possible!

I want to put in a plug for RCBS. I wore one of thier electric melters out. Called 'em...they said ,'send it in'...4 weeks later, I had 'my' melter back with new heating element, new 'pot' , and new valve. All free of charge...no bs from them either. Used it a year or more (can't remember) and the thermostat went out. Same deal. Sent it in and got almost everything new back! Their stuff isn't cheap but I know what I'll buy! Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried to use the expander ball stem as a stuck case extractor on an RCBS die. The nice lady on the phone said no problem. They sent me a new stem and several new decapping pins I didn't even ask for.

But is AR going to start having advertisers? I tune that stuff out pretty successfully, so I only ask out of curiosity.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

.... But is AR going to start having advertisers? I tune that stuff out pretty successfully, so I only ask out of curiosity. H. C.

I know NOTHING about AR and advertizing. I do know that good relationships are built on good communications, that was my only intent. And I guess that I don't like to hear whiners when very positive things can be done. So it cheers me when I hear of resolved issues with manufacturers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Had a Lyman mold that had problems. They fixed--they charged--charged pretty heavily if I recall. RCBS has never charged even when their product was not at fault. I had a Lyman lubersizer that never gave a problem. Found a RCBS lubersizer at a garage sale too cheap to not buy. I liked the ratchet lube feeder on the Lyman better than the toggle handle on the RCBS. Older RCBS lubers also had the ratchet feed. I called RCBS to see if it could be converted. It can't be with just a change of parts. The old bolt does not fit the new style. I came up with idea of modifying a new bolt. RCBS sent me a new bolt to modify as well as the ratchet. Their product was not at fault--it was just my preference. My gunsmith milled a hex on the new bolt to fit the ratchet--a person could do it with hacksaw and file--but why bother when friend has milling machine? Bottom line I buy RCBS. It's cheaper in the long run.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anybody cast bullets while barefooted? Didn't think so. So that makes this on topic. I'll put in a plug for a couple items of footwear. I dont think you can beat Whites boots. Comfortable and durable. Call 1-800-541-3786 for a catalog or site at www.whitesoutdoor.com . The other product is Thorlo socks but there is a caution. Buy a pair and you'll be stuck with them for years. But thats not the real problem. Buy a pair and you'll replace all your other socks with them. They are that good.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote