New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Over size 8mm bores in Mausers.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dan, did you give any thought to adding the "punch in a number" block to the drop-down lists on your on-line program? It would open up a bit more flexibility to the on-line program. Certainly the 8mm on-line could benefit from it as that gas check size gets tasked with .319" J size bullets all the way up to the 8x56R stuff (which is quite a range -- you would need to lengthen the drop down lists considerably to cover it all). Kelly

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Soundman, you say you sent the 8mm Maximum drawing to Dan Lynch at Mountain Molds and he agreed to cut it for you? Heck guy, I thought Dan wasn't cutting any custom cut molds any more. That's great news.

Please verify that he did agree to cut the mold for you, I'd hate to get all excited over a miscommunication.

Oldfeller

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't recall receiving such a drawing, but I don't duplicate bullets or work off drawings any more. A very similar -- not exact copy, but very similar -- design could very easily be created using the online design program. Differences would be things like the radius of the ogive, a straight shank instead of tapered, little things like that. The basic style and fit could be made the same.

Posts: 97 | Location: Pocatello, ID | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't follow these threads religiously so please email me or start a seperate thread if you want to get my attention.

The Hornady 32 check OD is only 0.330" - 0.335", depending on where you measure it. We want the check to be several thou larger than the sizing die so it will crimp on properly. For example, on a 0.337" bullet, I highly recommend using a 338 check, not the 32.

Posts: 97 | Location: Pocatello, ID | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan kindly added the necessary range to the numbers in the drop down menu that I needed.

Thanks Dan !!

Oldfeller