New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swaged lead bullet diameter question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have 500 speer swaged 158gr bullets. Some measure as much as. 359 diameter. I. Wanted to shoot them in a ruger 101 and a s&w 19_3. These .359 bullets will not pass through the cylinder chambers and can't be pushed through with a small dowel. The question is are they too large to shoot in these revolvers. Intended to load to 800 to 900 fps. Thank you for any help with this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the answer.itll work well.

One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
Hello Phil.
You can obviously get it to work, but...
I have found that sizing cast bullets to pass through the end of the chamber without resistance, (and no smaller) has provided me with the best accuracy, and little to no leading anywhere in the barrel.
Some may try to match the barrel bore of the revolver, but the end of the cylinder is where I recommend to get your true diameter for sizing.
I hope this helps... give it a try!

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote