New
Find
Notify
Tools

New pot on the block
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After retrieving my Saeco dipper pot from the neighbor kid that had borrowed it a year ago, he needed to find one as good and this is what he came up with. The forum is a blackdowder cartridge forum, and these guys are into the 500gr+ type of boolits, and prefer dipper pots.....Geo

The model we have been discussing is the Waage mod. K4757. It has a 25 pound capacity. If you are looking for some larger than that, here is the Waage web site:

http://www.waage.com/

For some reason the K4757 is not listed on the web site. So if you do not see what you do want, Give them a phone call and they may well be able to fix you up. The price is $125.00 delivered.

I purchased a Lyman 20 lb dipper pot just a few months ago. But after reading all the discussion here on the Forum on how good the Waage is, I went ahead and bought it too and am very glad I did. Not that I am dissatisfied with the Lyman, but the Waage is superior. It is not quite as "pretty" as the Lyman. The Waage is more utilitarian and business like in appearance, but I am not interested in that. The Waage holds a more consistant temperature, heats up faster and it was a little less expensive than the Lyman, even though it has 5 lbs more capacity. I now use my old Lyman bottom pour for casting pistol bullets and for mixing alloy because the bottom pour is much easier to use in filling the ingot moulds than a dipper pot.

Posts: 57 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote