New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shaking hands with Sundog
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yep, I did that yesterday at the Okla. State's annual Mil. bolt bench rest match at Tulsa's Oil Capitol Gun Club(Very nice shooting facility).

I didn't get to talk to him very long but he seems like a nice guy and will look forward to meeting him again and hope to have more time to talk about cast bullets.

Good meeting you Sundog, come shoot our monthly match at OKC some time.

Calamity Jake

Posts: 43 | Location: Okla. | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CJ, the pleasure was all mine and, an honor to meet you, sir. As you mentioned, a little pressed for time having range and hosting duties, but all around a very fine day. Looks like we had about 60 plus shooters. On top of that I even shot half way decent, 294-8X, with CAST BOOLITS in an 03A3. Didn't win and it doesn't matter, but had a great time seeing everyone again.

Yaknow, there's three great things about this match, it's NOT an equipment race, it's totally one hundred percent shooter sanctioned, and the people, and the people, and the people. sundog

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sundog, The pleassure is mutual!!!

Again I enjoyed the match and people very much and will be back.

Shoot me an email at linncanary1@netzero.com with your snail mail addy so I can give my 2 cents
to castpics, I want to help out.

45nut if you read this, do the same so I can help the cast bullets sight.

Calamity Jake

Posts: 43 | Location: Okla. | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I might add that this was the first time in the five years we've been having our OK Shoot-Off at Oil Capital that the sun actually shined. There was very little wind & the shooters were walking around in T-shirts.... A great day.
oksmle

Posts: 3 | Location: Moore, OK | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jake....Watch yourself....sundog's a sergeant major and "enlisted men are extremely sly and cunning and bear watching at all times."/beagle

Posts: 234 | Location: Lexington, Ky,USA | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beagle, Beagle, Beagle,... the trade secrets, man, the trade secrets.... sundog

btw, I had a good day today. Cleaned the shop some more and started burning some odds and ends wood pieces in the wood stove in the shop and wound up rendering off the last 30 pounds of shower pan -- almost melted on the stove but had to fire up the turkey cooker to finish. Anyway, 30 lbs of soft stuff for muzzle loafer balls! Anyway, had a good day with what I did and the 6-month lab-rottenwiler pup, his name is Buddy, and a purdy laid back dog. Had maybe a beer or three too many, but that's okay. We're gonna build fence tomorrow and maybe cast a few boolits. Got a week off and gonna enjoy it. Also, Felix and I are gonna do a big melt and lube. Looking forward to that!

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote