New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee pro 1000
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any of you guys ever play around with one of these. I got a used one from a friend and I can't seem to get the primer feed to work right. The primer seems to to get caught right between the primer piston and the feed ramp and winds up tipping the primer side ways and jamming the feed.What parts should I replace or should i just junk it.

Posts: 44 | Location: NY | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
David,
I have used many Lee products over the years and, personally, have come to a conclusion concerning their products. If it's Lee made and has no moving parts, you can count on it. If it has one or two moving parts, it'll probably hold up. If it has three or more moving parts, don't buy it.
Their dies have never let me down. I have many sets made by Lee and they serve me wonderfully. I own a Zip-trim, the second of two. The return spring went tango uniform on the first one. One of my three single stage presses is a Lee. I only use it for priming, depriming and bullet seating. That doesn't put any strain on it and it still works fine.
However, I have owned a turret press and a Pro-1000 and had to send both back for credit. It seems as if Lee can't get the quality in their moving parts equipment.
Don't be too dissapointed if you can't get that press to cooperate. It kinda runs in the family.
You might want to look into contacting Lee for a credit and exchanging it for a good single stage model and some other stuff.

Puncher

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Desert Rat>
posted
I have used several Lee 1000 presses, and have had good results with them. The key to using these presses is to follow the directions that come with the press. IF you try to force things, you will force the parts out of adjustment, and then you have to readjust what was forced. The presses should be lubricated as indicated.

Remember that the 1000 series are primarily pistol presses.

Have fun. If you do your job, it has been my experience that the Lee presses will do their job. I have seen a number of Lee Presses that have been abused, however.