Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keith .44 semi-wadcutters manufacturers
 Login/Join

posted
I have used two different keith hard cast bullets in my .44 special. Mt. Baldy and Dry Creek.

I just leaned that Dry Creek is not making anymore of their absolutely perfect and true Keith style .44's. I only have a few left.
I have Mt. Baldy's of the same type . . but, a couple of things about them in comparioson to the " Creekers " bullets.

Mt. Baldys are fine as far as accuracy goes, however, my order of 500 250 grain .44's vary in weight, from bullet to bullet, from 250 to 265 grains! Most around 260! Dry Creeks product was amazingly consistent at 248-250 grains! Excellent. Also, Dry Creek's Keith bullets have very sharp edges (driving bands) just as Keith chose them to be.

Can someone guide me to a hard-cast bullet maker that makes excellent Keith style bullets? Also, get Lynn at Dry Creek back in business!

Thanks

A. Wright

Posts: 6 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: 23 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Wright, I have a Hensley and Gibbs mould that casts the true Keith style bullet, down to the square grease groove. The mould is a six cavity, and if I do my part the bullets do not vary but 1.0 -1.2 grains across all six cavities. (This is typical of the H&G moulds.) It is a nominal 240, but bullet weight varies with alloy, as I am sure you know.
I use Thompson's Red Angel wax lube, and have quite a few very satisfied customers. If you will send me an email, I would be glad to send you some sample bullets. I believe I can supply what you are looking for.
scotstephens@sbcglobal.net

Regards,
Scot

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote