New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why you can't get your old handle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
So many of you are finding your unique handle that you used on Shooters is showing up as "in-use" on this list and you can't register it. Now that is silly, some of those handle names are just plain eccentric and are totally unique now aren't they?

The answer is that YOU are the one using it. You registered it last time we dropped in here (about a year ago) and you logged on with your standard name and a password just the once that was required. I would hope you used your same old Shooters password as you have a fighting chance of remembering it.

I leave myself logged in here all the time, only very rarely do I find myself locked out and have to re-identfy myself. Since I use the same name and same password everywhere on the web, that becomes very easy to do.

You have locked up your own screen name, so try to go log on with your old Shooters name and password. Bet that works for more than half of you new name jokers.

Failing that, ask Paul Hale to please reset the password on your old screen name, I think he may be able to do that or to be able to get someone else to do it.

Only very very very rarely will we find that it isn't you that has you all locked up, that somebody else is actually using the same handle by a freak coincedence.

Oldfeller

[ 08-25-2003, 22:34: Message edited by: Oldfeller ]

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oldfeller,

Thats what I did.

BTW for those who can't get their old names, could you put them at the end of your posts until us slow people get used to it?

Thanks
BH

Posts: 48 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Oldfeller
It's early this morning, still working on my first cup of coffee.
Why you can't get your old handle
First thing that popped into my mind was 'Damn, there's a bunch of short armed, pot bellied guys in the casting group.' Then it floated across that short armed, pot bellied folks congregate down at 'Walters' place. Hell, better go look in the mirror to see if I'm short armed, pot bellied, because I'm a bullet caster.
Your topic nearly caused a stampeed here in Virginia, not to mention a shortage of yard sticks to find out if it's their arms or their handle that's too short.
But a second cup of coffee cleared out the fog and the world is doing just as it should.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim,
I needed that!!!-JDL

Posts: 61 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now Arky, it wasn't on this thread at all. It was on some other thread over yonder where I called us all smelly knuckle-dragging degenerate mil-surp shooting neanderthals (or worse, I can't remember).

After all, you should see us all clustered around a camp fire late late at night laughing and carrying on as we try to melt down our recently emptied beer bottles.

Seems like we can still shoot pretty good the next day though. We do seem to have some real worth-taking-pictures-of-it type fun at these get-togethers though.

Oldfeller

[ 08-25-2003, 23:23: Message edited by: Oldfeller ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Y'all do what Oldfeller says: get your right names back. We'll never keep track of the new ones.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's what I thought I'd done, oldfeller. But the server can't find my E-mail address previously registered. I think there's another guy around here using Ricochet, my old Shooters handle. Actually, I've known about this site for a LONG time, and it's possible that I registered years ago before my E-address changed. I've got to research that a bit further.

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If'n you old geezers email Saheed and ask him nicely he'll help you out just like he did me when I suddenly developed KRAFT desiese.lol derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KRAFT disease, is that when your brain turns into oozing brown earwax "cheese" and you sprout lots of long gray and white hairs out your ears that grow real fast because they are being fertilized by your brains leaking out past them?

Not that I would know anything about that yet, mind you.

(pass the Q-tips, please)

So, you are saying if Bruce B wants his old name back, all he has to do is ask for it? Saieed can give Buckshot back his Buckshot if he wanted it back?

That also means that 45Nut can give Buckshot his Buckshot back instead of making him Buckshot2??

Just kidding of course, I think these guys like their new names.

Oldfeller

<Guest>
posted
"Hell, better go look in the mirror to see if I'm short armed, pot bellied, because I'm a bullet caster"

Arky, you didn't need to look in the mirror to know you could or couldn't get your old handle.....

Regards......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OF: Kan't Remember A Flipping Thing. A little while back I had a minor puter problem and a severe "brain fart" and couldn't get back onto the board. Saheed cleared it up for me and viola,here I are again. He has access to all of the old records,he just needs the time(and the right flattery) to get it done. [Big Grin] derf By the way,have I told you guys lately how much I appreciate your being here? [Wink]

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just E-mailed Saeed. Maybe I can get to be Ricochet again.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I will be happy to help any of you get his or her old handle back.

Just drop me an email message FROM THE SAME ADDRESS YOU REGISTERED WITH ORIGINALLY.

I can only send out registration information to the email address you registered with.

Posts: 67011 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote