New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Rifleman barrels?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have any of you fellas used one of these? and what was your experience?
My local gunsmith uses these almost exclusively, and tells me he's had good luck with them, and that they are reasonably priced (and they are). The rub here is that the price of the barrel is my last concern and cast boolit project results are my only concern. I was thinking of Krieger, however I'd probably have to travel out of town to get the work done. Part of the problem is that living in Canada, some gunsmiths like to have their materials arriving down the same pipeline, once it's established. The gun's to be a 375/06imp. on a husqvarna action. I like the 15" twist that Krieger does, while Montana offers a 16" twist and Mountains molds site tells me that the 16" twist should stabilize anything up to 285grs. which should handle anything I want. Also the Krieger is cut rifled while the Montana has button rifling. Any thoughts or experiences are much appreciated. Thanks Ron.D

Posts: 59 | Location: Barrie Ont. Can. | Registered: 20 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have used one of their Heavy barrel Target,on a .308 Mauser I built.Have been quite pleased
with the results.They do good work..4T1Mag

Posts: 714 | Location: CT | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
4t1mag. Thanks for the response. Glad to know they do good work. It'll ease my mind, going into this. Thanks. Ron.D

Posts: 59 | Location: Barrie Ont. Can. | Registered: 20 September 2002Reply With Quote