THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Cast Bullets    Re: 6.5x52 carcano and cast bullets......go or no go?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 6.5x52 carcano and cast bullets......go or no go?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Erick, I've shot a number of mule deer with the Carcano carbine. The bigest was a huge 6 point (western count)with a a speer 140 gr. bullet. I also used 160 gr, round nose bullets. All were .264 diameter. This rifle was only carried in the cedars and pinions,or were the shots probably would be close( less than 100 yds.). It was fast and easy to handle but I feel only JUST adequate. The reduction in performance by going to cast bullets seems to make it marginal at best for larger deer size game. Black tail at close range, OK.

With the lead it might , however, be a fun plinker.One man's not too humble oppinion. Roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote